Watermelon, Feta, balsamic and mint “pizza”
Welcome to another Elevate Monday - it’s a going to be a hot one! We’re definitely in the middle of summer here in Las Vegas which means the thermometer rarely drops below 100 degrees and spending time in a swimming pool is a survival tactic. Watermelon is the perfect refreshing summer treat. It’s easy to slice up and serve either as a stand alone snack, in a colorful fruit salad, or an easy healthy dessert. Today’s Elevate Monday Recipe is a tasty twist on watermelon, serving it “pizza style.” The juicy sweetness of the watermelon, the tangy saltiness of the feta cheese and kalamata olives, plus the flavor burst from the mint creates the perfect sweet/salty refreshing treat to serve either as an appetizer, a stand alone snack or dessert.
Now, about that swimming pool………
Appetizer, side dish or dessert
Total time 15 minutes
• 1 seedless watermelon slice (cut 1” thick from the center of the widest part of the melon)
• 1 oz finely crumbled feta cheese
• 5 or 6 Kalamata olives, sliced and lightly chopped
• 1 tsp mint leaves, or small whole fresh mint leaves
• ½ TBLSP balsamic glaze (as a drizzle)
• Slice the widest part of a round seedless watermelon in half. Lay the flat side down on a cutting board and cut a 1” thick slice from each half. Cut each half into 4 or 5 wedges.
• Place the wedges on a round dish like a pizza and top with crumbled cheese, olives, mint, and glaze (in that order!)
Thanks to skinnytaste.com for this amazing refreshing recipe