Chicken and Avocado Zucchini Noodle Bowl - Easy Healthy Way to Feed a Crowd and Meal Prep!
I have a thing for zucchini noodles. I do. And I’m in love with my spiralizer.*
There. I said it! Grocery stores sell zucchini already noodled/zoodled (are those even words?!?!) or you can zoodle your own. Swapping zucchini noodles…zoodles…for regular pasta saves about 200 calories, and about 40 grams of carbs per cup. Each bowl delivers 29 grams of protein and zucchini is a great source of fiber!
This is my go-to recipe when I have a group to feed. Lots of it can be created ahead of time, and it’s perfect for meal prepping lunchbox lunches for the week.
An exciting part of this recipe is the dressing that includes yogurt and wasabi paste. Wasabi paste varies in strength so go easy until you figure out your (I used ½ the suggested amount and it was plenty!! I have a wimpy mouth tho!!)
The original recipe serves 4 but you can easily double it to have enough for meal prepping.
INGREDIENTS (for the dressing):
• ½ cup (250 ml) fat free greek yogurt
• 1 TBLSP olive oil
• 1 TBLSP honey
• 1 TBLSP fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp wasabi paste
• 1 tsp salt
• 4 cups (100g) finely chopped baby spinach
• 1 lb (450g) zucchini noodles, from 2 medium zucchinis
• 1 lb (450g) cooked chicken breasts (grilled is really tasty!) about 3 cups, cubed
• 16 grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 medium avocado, pitted and sliced
- I also added cubed roasted sweet potatoes, chopped carrots, and quinoa. You could really add any veggies you want…..chopped sweet red peppers, chopped black or kalamata olives……imagination is key.
• In a cup, stir the yogurt, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, wasabi and salt. Set aside.
• In each of four wide bowls, spread a cup of spinach, a heaping cup of zucchini noodles, and top with ¼ of the chicken, 4 halved grape tomatoes and ¼ of the avocado, and any other chopped vegetables.
• Drizzle with 2 heaping tablespoons of the yogurt wasabi mixture and serve.
*The spiralizer is from Bed, Bath and Beyond, $24.99.
Thanks to MyFitnessPal recipes for this original recipe.