Elevate Sports Performance and Chiropractic
Fitness. Performance. Healthcare.
IMG_3880.jpg

Blog

Announcements, News and Updates

No Flour, No Butter, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

80% of the time, I eat healthy, purely for the purpose of re-fueling my engines! The other 20% is for joy and it usually involves something buttery and sugary, like a good gooey cookie. Through the years, I’ve convinced various friends that they WANT to bring me homemade cookies on a regular basis, and they graciously oblige me. (And their cookies are sinfully yummy!)
I believe in cookies.
Real cookies. 
Nothing “fat free” or “sugar free”. 
Just give me real cookies.
When I saw this recipe, I was slightly skeptical. No butter?? No flour? OK it has chocolate and brown sugar, so I figured it was worth a try. Plus, the pictures on the amitiiouskitchen.com website made these cookies look nothing less than luscious. 
As some you have figured out by now, I have a habit of tweaking a recipe here and there, and this one was no different. I added ½ cup of flaked unsweetened coconut just for fun! I’m going to make my next batch with a little less sugar and chocolate chips. I’ll try using ½ cup of brown sugar and ½ cup of chocolate chips…maybe the mini kind. I might even live dangerously and add raisins. 
So here’s the recipe. Now you try it, and feel free to put your own spin on it. Be creative (and healthy) with your additions.
Just consider yourselves warned…..they’re addicting!!

Happy, healthy eating from Zoe and the staff at Elevate. 
P.S. If you DO try the recipe, feel free to stop by with cookies. We’re happy to taste test for you!

INGREDIENTS
• 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter (just peanuts + salt) *
• 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2/3 cup chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
• Flakey sea salt for sprinkling on top before baking

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In small bowl mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
4. Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. BARELY flatten the top of the cookie with your hand. The dough should be pretty sticky so if you find this method annoying, simply use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. The cookies may not be as round in shape and perhaps a bit thicker, but that's okay, they will still be delicious!
5. Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn a golden brown. The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle each cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 16-20 cookies.

*Feel free to substitute almond butter or another nut butter in replace of peanut butter.