Cookies for Breakfast!
It’s a cookie.
It’s a breakfast cookie!!
(You saw that coming didn’t you?!?!)
Portable. Batch-able. Healthy. Easy to make. Is that asking too much from a recipe?
Not if you’re todays’ Monday recipe –
Applesauce Breakfast Cookies!
These cookies are very dense and durable, so they’re easy to carry with you for any adventure you find yourself on, or just your average day!
My taste tester gave these tasty treats 2 thumbs up 👍🏻👍🏻because they weren’t overly sweet but still satisfied the sweet tooth! (Dates and applesauce provide the sweetness, so there’s no added or artificial sugars.)
Applesauce (not-just-for-breakfast)breakfast cookies - a great grab-and-go for breakfast or as a snack.
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
• 1 Cup unsweetened applesauce
• ¾ Cup chopped dates (about 13-15 dates)
• 1/3 Cup raisins
• 1 Cup old fashioned oats
• ½ Cup oat flour (make your own by putting rolled oats in the blender until they reach a fine flour-like consistency.)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp ginger
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 TBLSP coconut oil (melted) or oil of choice
• 1 TBLSP ground flax seeds soaked in 3 TBLSP water (or 1 egg for non-vegan version)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
• Combine the flaxseed and water in a small bowl and let it set for a few minutes to gel. (Omit this step if you are using an egg.)
• Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
• Form into small or medium balls (small balls will yield 2 dozen cookies, medium balls will yield 1 dozen), flatten slightly and place on a cookie sheet.
I use a 1 TBLSP scoop to form the cookies.
• Bake in the preheated oven about 12-15 minutes, until they are just starting to get golden brown.
Thanks happyhealthymama.com for the great recipe!
Happy healthy eating from Zoe and your Elevate Family!